Skincare using all-natural products has been around much longer than any newer products on the market. Depending on what you are trying to remedy, there is something for you. Vitamin E oil, shea butter, and hemp oil are all examples of natural oils and lotions to help moisturize and nourish your skin and hair.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil for skin fights dryness and can help your skin retain moisture. As we age, sebum production slows. Sebum is the natural moisturizer for our skin, and slower production can lead to drier skin. Dry skin can also lead to redness, itchiness, or inflammation. Vitamin E is usually found in most topical lotions, which makes it easy to find in stores and use every day. Incorporating vitamin E oil into your daily moisturizers can help combat dry skin.
Vitamin E oil also promotes hair growth by increasing capillary circulation, which is tied to increased hair growth. Applying it to the scalp in the form of a hair mask is one method to use vitamin E oil on your hair. Vitamin E oil is also a great way to improve the shininess of your hair because of the extra layer of protection the oil provides to the individual strands of hair. Improve your Glow with Vitamin E oil today!
Hemp oil promotes hair growth, moisturizes and thickens hair, and revives damaged hair while adding shine. Some might say that hemp oil is the underdog of hair care because it is a triple threat. While hemp oil both moisturizes and thickens hair, it also has the ability to revive previously damaged hair while adding shine. Hemp oil is a common addition to hair products because of all of its positive properties and effects on hair. However, using raw hemp oil is also an option as a bi-weekly hair treatment.
Hemp oil is also a skin saver. Among all of the hair benefits it holds, you can also use it on your skin. Hemp oil has amazing anti-aging properties and is a great moisturizer for the skin barrier.
Another great aspect of the oil is that it can regulate oil production in the skin. Usually, when skin has more than normal oil production, it is attributed to dry skin. When your skin is too dry, your body attempts to make up for the lack of moisture by increasing oil production. Many people struggle with oily skin when in reality, they have skin that is too dry and need a better moisturizer. Hemp oil will moisturize the skin without clogging the pores and thus not creating more oil production or irritation.
Shea butter for skin has been used by people for as long as we know. It is a naturally derived lotion from fat in nuts and relieves dry and flakey skin while easing any irritation caused by sunburns or eczema. It is also added to many skin care products because of the two powerful naturally occurring antioxidants, vitamin A oil and vitamin E oil, found in shea butter that contribute to its moisturizing and cell damage-repairing properties.
Shea butter is also a great option as a moisturizer for irritated skin because it is not known to cause any allergic reactions. It is very mild and does not have many allergens; therefore, it is a safe bet for most people.
Shea butter makes for a good moisturizing option for your scalp too. Adding tea tree oil to shea butter can also combat dry, irritated scalps due to tea tree oil’s anti-inflammatory properties. Alone, it is too thick to be applied to the ends of your hair and likely will cause build-up and make your hair look limp and greasy. However, if you are struggling with a dry, flaky, or painful scalp, shea butter mixed with tea tree oil is a great way to moisturize the scalp and prevent painful flakiness. Shea butter for dry skin is a great way to get your skin back to feeling healthy and moisturized.
How to Get the “No Makeup” Makeup Look Yourself
One of the biggest trends on the red carpet today is the moisturized, dewy, glowy makeup look. The look is commonly referred to as the “no-makeup” makeup look. Achieving this look is very easy, but it’s all dependent on the skincare base that you start with.
- The first step is to wash your face with a mild face wash and then apply moisturizer immediately after. A good option for a moisturizer at this step would be either shea butter or hemp oil products. Don’t let your face get too dry after washing to ensure that all the moisture for your makeup base will be locked in before you even apply any product.
- Next, apply a hydrating primer first to give yourself a tacky base for your foundation. Primer locks in all of the moisture and is an essential step in creating a glowy and dewy base for your makeup look. If you do not have or do not wish to use a primer at this stage, you can mix vitamin E oil with your moisturizer to act as a base.
- Now apply your preferred face makeup base and spray setting spray before applying powder to lock in all of the moisture. Then apply powder to the parts of your face that are the shiniest. For most people, this is the “T-zone”: the middle of the forehead, down the nose, and chin areas.
- After applying the rest of the look with eye and lip makeup, set your makeup again with some setting powder and spray. It is important to lock in the moisture and product at every stage of the process to create a solid base and layers that will ensure your product doesn’t run or look dull by the end of the night.
Hollywood Beauty’s Product Recommendations
Skincare is the base for all makeup looks, and without a solid skincare routine, your makeup and skin will look dull. Having un-moisturized dry skin is a killer and will lead to earlier wrinkles and aging signs. We recommend incorporating a good moisturizer for your skin type into your daily routine. Washing your face and moisturizing should be done both in the morning and before bed.
If you struggle with very dry skin and irritation, we recommend using Shea butter or hemp oil as your daily moisturizer. If you struggle with a dry scalp and itchiness, we recommend incorporating either hemp oil, vitamin E oil, or a tea tree oil mask as a biweekly routine. Though you can also use these products in their raw and pure form, also be on the lookout for shea butter, Hemp oil, vitamin E oil listed as ingredients in other skin and hair products.
Tips and Tricks for Perfecting the Look
- Starting your makeup with a moisturized face and base is a great way to keep your makeup looking fresh and not dull all night long.
- Skincare products do not have to be expensive; do your research into what your skin needs and find the product that delivers those results without breaking the bank. Many places like Hollywood Beauty offer these products at fair prices and do not upcharge for marketing ploys.
- After you’ve worn your look, always remember to fully remove all makeup afterward. It is very important to remove all products with a gentle face wash and makeup remover before bed and never sleep in makeup. Keeping makeup on overnight leads to clogged pores, creates painful acne, and irritates the skin.
Ready to Have Glowy Skin? Have Some Fun and Try It Out Today!
While having glowy and dewy makeup can seem unattainable, it is totally achievable with the right products. Browse our selection of products here at Hollywood Beauty to find what works best for you and your skin. By following this easy “no makeup” makeup look tutorial, you will be ready to walk the red carpet! Make sure to share your results with us on social at @hollywoodbeauty_products and show off your glowing skin!
How Does Vitamin E Oil Benefit the Skin?
Vitamin E oil for skin fights dryness and locks in moisture because it is an antioxidant that keeps your skin emollient with high water retention. It can also help avoid wrinkles and signs of aging on the skin.
What Are the Uses of Organic Tea Tree Oil in Skincare?
Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It is best used as a toning agent for the skin and to heal any open pores after extraction. It is also used as a treatment to soothe dry and itchy skin on the scalp area.
How Can Shea Butter Help With Dry Skin?
Shea butter is a fantastic moisturizer for dry skin. It helps repair the skin barrier without clogging pores. It also promotes cell repair and locks in hydration.
What Are the Benefits of Hemp Oil for Hair and Skin?
Hemp oil has amazing anti-aging properties and is a great moisturizer for the skin barrier. Another great aspect of the oil is that it can regulate oil production in the skin.